Alarm Triggers in FTVS

kandymann

Lifetime Supporting Member
Using Factory Talk View Studio, I am trying to set up alarms. I want set alarm triggers correctly and I am unsure if this is correct.

I have a DINT tag called conveyor_faults

I am using latching bits to trigger these alarms.

If Conveyor #1 pull cord switch is enabled, conveyor_faults.0 bit is TRUE.

I want an alarm message to appear for the operator to address the issue such as:

"Conveyor #1 Pull-Cord Switch Fault"

In order for this to happen, I have to set an alarm trigger. The trigger cannot be zero (0). It must be one (1) or greater or a negative number. Just not zero.

Remember I have a DINT tag called conveyor_faults

I want conveyor_faults.0 - conveyor_faults.31 to be able to trigger alarm messages if TRUE.

In the Trigger Settings, and under Trigger Type, I selected BIT

Do I apply a 1 to conveyor_faults.0 as the trigger? And so on?
" " 2 to conveyor_faults.1
" " 3 to conveyor_faults.2
" " 32 to conveyor_faults.31

I hope I am making sense. If not, let me know.

Thanks for any help with this. It is greatly appreciated!

Last edited: