Emulated PLC to SCADA Comms - Help!

NeilWhitaker

Hi All,

Have signed up here as I have a bit of a problem that I'm sure is straightforward to solve if you know how, and I'm hoping you'll be good enough to help me out with it.

I'm currently working on a project at work requiring a different test setup than we usually use (emulator instead of hardware). The rig I'm trying to get set up uses an emulation of an Allen Bradley SLC 505 running on our programming laptop. The laptop is connected via ethernet to another computer provided by the client, which is a copy of their SCADA running Wonderware InTouch.

I have RSLinx Professional (not lite, fully licenced)running on both machines with the one on the laptop configured as a gateway. I can see the emulated PLC on the SCADA machine via this link and have configured a DDE/OPC topic. I then have InTouch configured with a secondary source under the access name usually used for that PLC on site, and have the application name ("RSLinx"), topic name and protocol (DDE) set here. I believe this should give me a working system, but I still can't control the emulated PLC from the SCADA.

My question is, what am I missing? Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

You probably need to install FSGateway as the comm driver for InTouch and configure that. I've done it one time a long time ago, and it is far from my memory. I think it took me a bit of research on the WDN to get it sorted. Probably easier to call tech support.