Process Signage for Supervisors?

JeremyM

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

A stage at our plant consists of a set of vacuum tumblers governed by a ControlLogix processor and distributed I/O via 1734-AENT racks. On each machine's operator console there exists an HMI (providing the loaded recipe details, time required for run, and so on) and luminous LEDs (located at the front of the machine) to indicate various machine/process states. Trouble is, the operators aren't responding in a timely way when their attention is needed (flashing blue). For example, many products only require a 30-minute run, but aren't being tended to unload until much later.

My thought is to place a marquee, written to by the controller, to show supervisors the process states at a glance (they aren't normally present in the same section of the room). Do you have recommendations for a model to be used in an indoor washdown environment? Four lines at 24 tri-color characters per would work best. Ethernet/IP compatibility is a requirement.

This one looks workable, but unfortunately lacks Ethernet/IP support.

Thanks! :)

We use an alarm horn for our processes when the operator needs to look at the system. Many times the operator is on the floor doing various tasks.

Depending on how your system is configured, you could also set the system to send an email after a specified time to the supervisor

james

Have a look at this one. I tried to use one for a similar purpose this year, unfortunately I can't get it in Australia for compliance reasons, but it looked like just the ticket.

I ended up using one of these. It supports Ethernet/IP, although a word of warning - I got a little misled by the supplier, as it only supports Ethernet/IP from CompactLogix or ControlLogix, and I had a MicroLogix. Fortunately the same module supported Modbus TCP (as does the MicroLogix) so I set it up for that instead. Worked a treat!