AB Micrologix 1400 Channel 2 RS 232C Cable diagram -

saravanssk

Hello guys,
Can any one please share the communication diagram of Micro logix 1400 channel 2 RS 232C pin wiring configuration.

Thanks & Regards
Saravanakumar S

Hello guys,
please give me the pin connection diagram . I checked all the things.
My connection wiring is
2 to 3
3 to 2
5 to 5..
Is it any connection more than that. Pls reply ur answer only. Dont say to check manual. We already did ok..

That's correct. Null-Modem cable. For example, it would work if connecting to a PC with a serial port. The 9-pin serial port on your ML1400 is a standard RS232 port(see link). Unless you are connecting to a modem or something that needs handshaking the 3 wires you have shown will work.

http://www.db9-pinout.com/

But what are you connecting it to?

Hello sir,
That is not working 2 to 3, 3 to 2 and 5 to 5. Please share micrologix 1400 Rs 232 communication wiring diagram PC to PLC. Is it required CTS RTS for PC to PLC comm..

When you say it's not working...Are you sure it's a wiring issue and not a com port settings issue? If you have a mismatch between the PC and the PLC then it's still not going to work even with correct wiring.

What application are you wanting to talk to the PLC with? Post your com port settings in this software plus the channel settings from the PLC. I assume you have RSlogix500 and can go online with the PLC?

Next question. ..why not just use ethernet?

We need serial communication. I check with another PC also. Not working. Any one knowing correct cable configuration. Pls reply else no reply. Rs 232 PC to PLC . Using USB to serial converter in lap. Now i changed the usb and serial converter also.
The following configurations i checked.
2 to 3
3 to 2
5 to 5
Another configuration,
2 to 3
3 to 2
5 to 5
7 to 8
8 to 7.
Any other configuration more than this.

DF1 Error.jpg

Saravanssk, you keep saying to only respond with the correct cable wiring from PLC to PC, you have the correct wiring.
So, if you don’t want to know what else might be wrong, ignore the rest of this.
Some observation per you photo
• When connecting to a MicroLogix the “Device” needs to be set to “SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView”
• “Auto-Configure” typically doesn’t work when you’re using a USB to serial adaptor.
• If you don’t know how the PLC’s port is configured you can use the “DCOMM” feature which will force all of the com ports to their default setting
o Here is a video that shows you how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fkHj6pSsY8
o The default settings will be a baud rate of 19200, Parity: None, Stop bits: 1, Error checking: CRC and Protocol: Full duplex
• When you have the com port at default set RSLinx to match and you should be able to go online.

Hello Sir, Thanks for your valuable reply. But that also not working. And also i check the below cable configuration pic. How to check whether my Channel2 ML1400 port is working or not. Try to find the problem. I m using windows 8.1 64 bit Lap. And also i check with XP lap. Not working friends.

error df1.jpg error df1 1.jpg 1747-CP3.jpg

Check the PLC's program to see how the port is configure.

It can be configured for ..see picture. Or post the program and someone will check for you.

Edit: I just saw your other post showing comm port 2 configured for DNP3 Slave protocol. I don't see a driver in RSLinx to support that protocol.
Hopefully the AB gurus will check in and verify whether or not you can connect to the port with a PC.
The DF1 driver is not going to work.

protocols.PNG

Last edited: