Activate alarms on HMI (siemens).

XxLinkxX

Hello everyone,
When adding a Siemens HMI on TIA portal, it gives you a setup wizard to set preferences on how you want the HMI set up(screen, buttons, etc ). So when I ran the set up I accidently turned off all the alarm setting. (default ones I guess). Is there a way to reactivate that within the settings? Worst case scenario is that I create a new device and add it that way. Thanks

It is probably the alarm view screen only that is added with the wizard (I dont use any wizards, so I dont know for sure).
If that is the case, then you can add one or more screens with alarm view(s).
And you can add Acknowledge alarm button(s).

I personally make also an alarm banner in the template (just a 1-line alarm view), so that I have alarm indication of the most recent alarm on all screens.

You still have to setup tags for the actual alarms, and setup each alarm individually.

I think that maybe rather than the wizard, a sample project may be better to get started.

It is probably the alarm view screen only that is added with the wizard (I dont use any wizards, so I dont know for sure).
If that is the case, then you can add one or more screens with alarm view(s).
And you can add Acknowledge alarm button(s).

I personally make also an alarm banner in the template (just a 1-line alarm view), so that I have alarm indication of the most recent alarm on all screens.

You still have to setup tags for the actual alarms, and setup each alarm individually.

I think that maybe rather than the wizard, a sample project may be better to get started.
Ahh ok, thanks jesper. I'm still learning the whole PLC + HMI thing. But this helps. I will create a sample project with alarms on to see how its done.

Yea I might check that out, I did a few of them and it really helped. I know it will take me time to learn all this. As far as the alarms go, there has to be a way to toggle it on/off without the wizard. Seems that because I disabled it from the wizard it just wont show up. Do note, I did not create any alarms myself, but the default ones that are created. (For example: if there is no connection, or connection is established. etc) Might have to keep digging.

Do note, I did not create any alarms myself, but the default ones that are created. (For example: if there is no connection, or connection is established. etc)
These are system messages, and are not the same as alarms. Alarms are messages that are triggered by PLC tags, and are defined entirely by you.

Ahh ok, the reason why I said alarm was because it was in the alarm section of the wizard. So is there a way to turn the system alerts on?

Yes, add a message view to a screen, or the global screen if you want it to appear on all screens, and choose to include system messages (General property "alarm classes" .. select "system").

Yes, add a message view to a screen, or the global screen if you want it to appear on all screens, and choose to include system messages (General property "alarm classes" .. select "system").

Note also that, by default, the system alarms are only visible for a short period of time (I think 2 ms). You can lengthen this in the runtime settings, but I like setting an Alarm View to show the buffer. This shows the alarm history (the last 1024 alarms, i think).