asterof

trying to create some tags with the modbus drivers
in iFix. Normal I would do
Channel1.Device1.(tag address)
I figured for modbus that would be
Channel1.Device1.40001
but that does not work, what am I forgetting
Thanks

I'm not familiar with modbus in IGS but with Wonderware's driver you have the option of 5 or 6 digit addressing. For example our Quantums use 6 digit addressing, i.e. 400001.

Other option is IEC addressing, e.g. MW1 for 40001.

All just guesses as i don't have iFIX talking to anything modbus.

I would presume you would need IGS licenced for the modbus driver. And i', pretty sure it 40001 is read/write tag type and 30001 is read only

Similar Topics

Scadapak Com Port 3 Rs232 Pin 5 RXD Pin 6 TXD Pin 4 GND On the computer Com Port 1 9 pin IGS Driver can I just use pin 2 , 3 and 5
Replies
Views
Hello, I am converting to iFIX 6.1 and talking to a PLC5. I have several TX tags that were looking at N32 addresses in the PLC5 and were getting...
Replies
Views
New to iFix and to the IGS driver. Environment: iFix V5.1 MODICON M340 Unity-pro V11. Memory set to Mixed Topological and State RAM. MODBUS TCP/IP...
Replies
Views
so I have RSEmulate running with RSLinx talking to it I need to get the GE IGS driver to Communicate to it I don't remember if I need to have the...
Replies
Views
We are trying to establish communication between iFix and M340 processor through IGS driver. In IGS driver I only see field to enter Modbus...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom