Panelview Standard 600 PanelBuilder32 Security Section Questions

CeeDee

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone remembers how to use the security section of Panelbuilder32. I'm working with a 2711-B6C2L1, PV600. I can't seem to find any literature on how to set up and configure that section either at work or here on the internet. 2711-UM014 seems to be the only manual I can find on it, but it doesn't explain much on the security/secured screens sections.
I can't remember which boxes to check to make it work the way I want. I don't remember the difference between "Screen," "Login," and "AutoLogin."

I have a machine that has been set up awhile back that requires users to enter a password when trying to enter a secured screen. No user name required. And it only comes up with a numeric scratchpad. This is how I want it set up on this other machine. It is easier for the operators this way, not having to remember login names; just a numeric password with a numeric scratch pad so they don't get confused on what to enter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Maybe this will help.An excerpt from the manual for the software.

Have you tried the online help within the software?

The excerpt does help a tad bit, thanks! But, it doesn't go into much details about the different options and what they mean/do when selected. As for using online help with the software. I can not connect the laptop that has the Panelbuilder32 software to the internet. The software is so old I can not get it on our newer (approved) laptops. This older laptop has been forever isolated from the internet since it was purchased years ago, back when software was purchased on discs and installed. Plugging in to our intranet to access the internet for help would be foolish to say the least, and run the risk of losing this laptop along with me ending up with metal bracelets.

I'll do some more digging tomorrow to see what I can find in our file cabinets.

I don't mean to go online to the internet. I met to use the software's help files.

Click on help (top of screen) click on contents-keyword "security" (see picture)

softwarehelpfiles.jpg

Last edited:
I'm an idiot. Thanks for the wake up call on that one Mickey. It still took some playing around to figure out even with the help menu, but I got it.

I think what it was, is that I've been on a project using the Panel View Component using the on-board program where it doesn't have any help files built in. I must've got them confused and wasn't even thinking after being shot down numerous times by the component software for help.