New Rockwell error after Windows Update

Any Mouse

Good morning all,

After a weekly automated update from IT, we are now getting the following fatal error during startup on all computers: 0xc015000f

error.png

I tried uninstalling all Rockwell software and then reinstalling everything from the cd, but it still crashes. I've had trouble finding information about this error through Google, and undoing the IT update isn't an option. I don't have techconnect service. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I don't know if they _still_ do, but, at one time, Rockwell tabulated a list of "approved and tested" Microsoft Updates, mostly due to a long-ago problem in Austrailia concerning time zones and daylight savings time, as I recall the story.
Either way, if it remains, you should be able to find in via the Knowledgebase

I got a very similar error on 2 computers after installing the new 2.74 FT download. Rockwell told me to uninstall all FT programs & reinstall, during uninstall it asks if you're uninstalling to revert to a previous version.

Uninstall: FactoryTalk Activation Manager
Uninstall: FactoryTalk [either configuration utility or server] if exists
Change: FactoryTalk Diagnostics, then click Remove when prompted

Reboot & reinstall RS5000, but unselect RS5000 from what you want to install

Welcome to the forum.

#1 Keep IT away from the programming pc's unless absolutely necessary.
Although I am working in the IT group, we are the plc programmers and are very aware of when to update pc's.

Carry the pc's back to the IT group and tell them to fix the problem.
Tell your manager what happened and that all programming pc's are down.
When machinery goes down and you cannot fix the problem, Upper management WILL hear of the issue.

That's what eventually had to be done at my last job before the company moved.

regards,
james

I read some things somewhere that said it's one of two problems:

1) User Account Control needs to be turned off. (you can test if this is your issue by finding the RS5000.exe for your revision and run it as administrator)

2) The Startup page needs to be disabled in the registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Start page
Set NeverShow to 1 (this should be default IMO)

Then I heard that if none of those work, uninstall all .net 4 framework, then find Microsoft's standalone .net 4 framework installer.

Welcome to the forum.

#1 Keep IT away from the programming pc's unless absolutely necessary.
Although I am working in the IT group, we are the plc programmers and are very aware of when to update pc's.

Carry the pc's back to the IT group and tell them to fix the problem.
Tell your manager what happened and that all programming pc's are down.
When machinery goes down and you cannot fix the problem, Upper management WILL hear of the issue.

That's what eventually had to be done at my last job before the company moved.

regards,
james

yep.

fastest way to an unusable laptop is to let IT manage it. I like to call it the IT virus.