IDEC fault memory full

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good morning to all you smart cookies

I actually have an IDEC problem I haven't been able to solve. Usually it's AB.

HMI, HG3G/4G-JT22MF, PLC, FC5A-D16RRX1

My predecessor wrote faults into his programming, by that I mean he logged his alarms. Now the memory is full. The Customer has not been able to clear the faults off the screen. I have the HMI programming and the storage method was set to "Fixed".

Does this mean the storage cannot be erased. Does this mean it does not FILO.

Is there an alternate resolution to this predicament.

Your time and attention to this is greatly appreciated.

HAHAH, rare that I get to answer my own questions

Touch and hold the top left corner for five seconds, this brings up the HMI system mode

Open System menu, press "Initial Setting", Press "Initialize", press "Alarm Log" , in that order. this will clear the alarm log data

next time a rookie ( other then my self ) should set "Rotate Data" when setting up an alarm log. FILO.

Damn missed out on a trip to Belgium, too.

Thanks for the space.