Plc point io module 1734-aent

nanomon

Hi,
I have a Remote 1734-AENT point io communication adapter connected to compact logix 1769-L32 processor through TCP IP Ethernet. Whenever there is a power failure or the module is restarted, the AENT Module's "Module Status & Network Status" indications are blinking Red-Green until I unplug the communication cable and insert back.
Is the module Faulty? or anything in the communication causing it. any Advises.

Thank you. How long this self test goes on. I think I waited atleast 15 minutes. But as soon as I do the Unplug & plug Communication cable, it works.

That's definitely not normal. It's possible you have a damaged or defective adapter, or there's something wrong with the network or switch.

Try connecting the module to a simple unmanaged switch with nothing else, then cycling power again. That will tell you if it's a conflict with another device on the network.