OT 0-10V question.

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone run across a 0-10V isolator/amplifier that is capable of supplying 70mA of output current on a 0-10V signal?

The existing cct uses a 5K pot to drive a 555 timing chip which in turn drives a power transistor with a filtering cap to generate a 0-10V signal. This in turn drives into OEM DC drives (8 of them) as a master speed signal. These drives have a separate pot input wired for fine tuning. I have 5 circuits like this that the customer wants to follow a machine speed circuit.
Given that there are 40 drives involved, it would be most economical to replace the existing 555 timer cct's with 5 independent 0-10V amplifiers that I can feed from a main machine drive analog output. Assuming that I could find one capable of supplying the 70mA needed to supply the 8 connected drives.
I'm beginning to suspect that there's going to be some breadboard work needed for this.

almost any transistor can deliver this 70 mA.
and or a simple opamp, will mirror the input just fine.
like a 741.

I agree with what you say, Shooter. It's just that having fought my way through enough handbuilt cct boards over the years, I don't like leaving "gifts" behind for the next poor schmo who comes behind me. I'd much prefer an off the shelf solution if at all possible.

a shelf solution will not be serviced in 5 years, and is way more complex as needed.
so prefer to make my own stuff, and yes document the works.