Twincat ADS troubles

Bakkei

I have two applications (VB.NET and LABview) running on a CX2100, both communicating over ADS with the Twincat program also running on this system.

Everything is running fine, except every now and then (Lets say once or twice a day) the communication gets interrupted. After this moment most variables on the VB.NET application are still up-to-date on the VB.NET application, but some are frozen from that moment on.

Anybody any idea where I could look for a solution?

I had a similar problem with com port communications. I ended up writing an ascii file on the computer each time I communicated through the port. Another program was then written to read this ascii file. If the time was greater then the time between the communications, I would kill and restart the applications again.

Regards,

Are you using DeviceNotification or polling the variables?

Both. Some variables are polled every 500mSec. Others are read when an event is raised by DeviceNotification.

However it seems that the problem may not have been directly related to ADS communication. In the Visual Basic application there was a failure when a value that was cast to an INT16 had the most significant bit set. When the value was casted to an Integer this problem did not occur. At the same time there was a completely unrelated issue with the LABview application. The latter is not resolved yet as I'm not the author of this program.

If the problem after all still seem related to ADS I will get back in touch.