Standard input signal

the reactive power meter has an input signal og -20mA to 20mA... can i use 0 to 20mA instead of -20mA to 20mA... it seems the reactive power meter is too old..

You now have three posts about apparently the same thing.

Why don't you post, oh, I don't know, some ACTUAL information about what you are trying to do.

Device Part Numbers, Manufacturers, HMI type...

And don't start another thread for it.

The host with the analog input does not know what the ±20mA (bipolar) signal represents nor does it know what a 4-20mA (unipolar) signal represents or any range analog signal, for that matter, you have have to tell it what the signal represents. You assign a meaningful range and engineering units (in the development software) for the analog signal.

You would use a ±20ma-to-4-20mA signal conditioner/converter in order to use a conventional analog input card. But both signals cover the same range, it's up to you to define the range and the units.

A unipolar 4-20mA signal can easily represent a bipolar signal:
4mA = -20 units
8mA = -10 units
12mA = 0 units
16mA = +10 units
20mA = +20 units