Undergraduate need help plsss!

eng_muslim

:) al salam alikom 4 all

first of all i want 2 thank every one in this gr8 forum which i had from it so many gr8 information not ven on plcs but also about Automation at all.
i am ahmed 22 years i am in 3rd year in electrical power engineering dep. ,i had cources in automatic control by (contactors,timers,relays,limit switches.....etc) we deal in this course with design and also wiring the application for three months after that i get in love with control.
then i had course in S7 200 for 2 months i found more simple than old control and so complex also u can do all what u want without hard wiring and something like this,i don't wana be so boor in this msg but i need help all times i get in this forum i found u talk about so many special things i know all of u r professional but ofcourse all of u start from zero as i do now,i know that there is a lonog long road 2 reach any one of u but i will (inshallah) arrive.
i need u 2 tell me WHAT NEXT i am still in college and this field need experince and this i will never have it untill i work but what should i do now pls inform me about all of ur way story to be like a professional.
STEP BY STEP PLSSSSSSSSSSSS

Allah Akbar !!
Ahmed,
I started at a small shop that built hydraulic systems controlled by small PLC systems. I worked helping other Engineers with drawings and electrical componant selection. The best part is I learned about hydraulic systems! Very small at first! The company grew and so did I. I gained confidence and knowledge about machine systems and also about electrical specifications. I look at it this way, every job has been a learning experience! I (my opinion)think it is good to start in a job that you feel confident in working. It (job) may seem small now but in the future you will look back at the experience and know what was important. No job is bad, any job can be what you make of it. Be happy in the knowledge of learning how things work in the "real" world. Books are great tools, but doing is better! Good luck in your future endevors.

Bitmore

Last edited:
Get an internship! As a student, you won't be given as much performance pressure (there had better still be some pressure, though).

The hard part is finding a good mentor. And, of course there's no easy way to figure that out in a job interview. For every thirty guys building panels in his garage, I'd trust ONE to program the traffic light in front of my apartment. When you talk to your potential employers, watch to see if they seem to enjoy what they do. That's a good way to tell if they're going to be interested in teaching you more than the basic skills you need to do the job.

Personally, I've been very lucky. I started off on good footing (thanks, Tom!) and gained some practical experience. I've been exposed to a wide range of equipment and had just enough resposibility everywhere I've worked. You'd think getting laid-off twice since graduating 3 years ago might shake my confidence. But, each time I change jobs is another opportunity to learn something new.

You're getting into a very interesting field. Some days you get to be an engineer, others you're playing politics. Enjoy!

AK