digital outputs allen Bradley cards

shkoko2000

dear all,
why we don't connect the digital output of any channel at ex.:(1756-OB32 card)
directly to solenoids or ignition module or etc and put an intermediate relay then take its contacts as an output to the device.

Hi

If I understand you, the reason some people (that includes myself)
Connect outputs to a relay is it's cheaper and easier to replace a relay

Donnchadh

only for this reason or this is another reason.then if it is cheaper, i already increase the cost by adding wiring and relays.
i think this relay for high current at starting but iam not sure

Hi

Sorry I meant cheaper than changing a card or some people would have to call a tech into change the code to a spare output

Donnchadh

Similar Topics

Hi group! Repeatedly found answers to some questions in the PLC's programming world, now I decided to ask the question directly) Now I am...
Replies
Views
Kindly, what is the status of the digital outputs, while waiting for the plc to complete its startup (when we power off then power on the supply)...
Replies
Views
I trying to find the current rating for the local digital outputs for a Compactlogix 1769-L18ER-BB1B plc. I cannot seem to find it in the user...
Replies
Views
A project using the above landed on my desk. Attached are several OB16 cards. With any output turned off, a multi-meter still shows 24v to GND...
Replies
Views
how can we test digital outputs on a failsafe s71500 plc, using a watch table or other ? we need to make sure that each output is correctly wired...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom