Input isn't changing state in my Control Block

gusterminator

Hi guys,

I installed a Bindicator on our dust collector to indicate when it plugs up. I have it all mapped correctly to a P_DIN Block in RSLogic5000. I have the tag connected to Inp_PV of the block and when I change the state of the device the state at the Inp_PV changes from a 1 to a 0 which is normal. When I open up and view block properties and check watch the Inp_PV nothing is changing. It's seems like I don't have the block enabled so the input connected to it has no effects on the block internally.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gus

just guessing - but it sounds like you're not scanning/executing the section of code where you've placed this instruction ...

if the code is located in a SUB-routine, then you probably need to install a JSR instruction located in the same program's MAIN-routine ...

on the other hand ...

if the code is in a brand new routine - in a brand new program, then the routine probably needs to have a little "1" badge on it ... in that case, the following link might be helpful ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=567395&postcount=9

if none of this helps, then you might want to consider posting your ACD project file (you'll have to zip it first) ... personally I've never heard of the type of instruction that you've mentioned ... maybe this is an Add-On Instruction ???

Last edited:
Thanks Ron,

I wasn't the one that initially installed the control Block so I just assumed a JSR was created. I didn't think to check there until you pointed that out to me. I just added a JSR on the main routine page for the tag I was working on and everything is working great.

Awesome support!!!!