AOI Edits Logix 5000

Hi

You could copy the aoi call it a different name and then change the logic inside the copied one.
Aoi I feel are not really for that unless you are going to use the modified aoi a number of times
You cannot change the aoi online either

Donnchadh

OK, So I copied and pasted an AOI in in attempt to make and edit for this one Motor Control Rung. The name of the AOI is PTHxx. So I copied it an I tried to rename it as PTHxx2. Once I did, It changed to and unknown instruction with a bunch of "unknown" listed to the left side of the instruction.. How can I copy the whole AOI and make a change, ans still keeping the same logic as the original? By the Way, I also tried to right click on the Add-on Instruction in the Control Organizer to Add New Instruction and it was ghosted out. I figured that it would not let me do that because I was online with the Project. How am I going wrong in making an Altered/New AOI for this one Motor Control rung.

Hi

Right click on it and export it. When you have it exported change the name and then import it again.

Donnchadh

to keep it an AOI you'll have to create a new one in the Controller Organizer and I believe it won't let you do that online.

You may have to create the logic rung by rung as a subroutinr then call it. Otherwise it is offline.

Hi Bernie

Can you not now download a section of your code(ver 24 up I think) and import an Aoi into a online project as long as it's a new Aoi and not trying to update one. This is the reason I suggested exporting the Aoi, then renaming it and import it back in as a new Aoi.
Please correct me if what I have said is incorrect

Donnchadh

Import AOI online is available since ver 17.

You can makes changes offline only , but I would recommend to create a new AOI using old as a starting point.

The better method is to create a rung offline with new AOI and populate all tags, then export this rung and import it online. This will bring AOI, tags and all new data types automatically.

Right click on it and export it. When you have it exported change the name and then import it again.
Donnchadh

What happens to the original AOI After exporting it? My actual question is, is the original AOI effected after the whole exported it and renaming to a new AOI process.

My understanding is that you need to make a logic change in only one instance of AOI leaving old AOIs intact.

If this is the case, then you need to import this AOI to a blank offline file
Then you can rename it, make changes and export it again.
Then you can import it online to the existent project and implement into a rung.

If you want to make changes in all instances of this AOI, then you don't have to rename it, but import will affect all other instances of AOI.