Micromaster420 control via modbus from Modicon M241

RodriWilliams

Hi, I'm trying to start, stop and change frequency of a MM420 from a Modicon M241 Plc via SL2 485.

I've looked on the net and cant find much. But what I have found I cant get my head around sending the commands from the plc. Would anyone have an example so I can see how it works.

any help would be appreciated

Rod

Thank you JRW,

Is there a better way to this? would CANBUS be better.

Would any one have an example of m241 to mm420 via CANBUS?

many thanks

Rod

****update**** it looks like I need to consider using profibus for this now as my M241 doesn't have CANBUS

Last edited:
M241 can only be profibus slave with communication card.
And micromaster can only be slave too (I think so)
Two profibus slaves don't work together.

Only suitable way would be connect with IO or using modbus master -> profibus converter between
PLC and driver (and it will not be cheap or easy)

some M241 can have canopen o_O

Last edited: