Any way to remove all "unknown" references in AOI's from entire project Logix 5000

radfahrer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Any way to remove all "unknown" references in AOI's from entire project Logix 5000

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove all the "unknown" references in AOI instances after an edit is made that removes a parameter or changes a param from Req. to not Req?

I have a project where I've already instantiated the AOI's and now am making some changes to them which gives the unknown param in all the instances. I can fix each instance with a right-click "Remove all unknown parameters" but curious if there is a way to do this for all instances at once without having to click on each one.

I tried saving as .L5K and re-importing but that didn't help...

Any assistance appreciated.

I am going to stick my neck out here, from some of the remarks I have gotten back ill probably get it cut off.
I think this is what you want or you may already know this but here goes.
I hope I can make this clear enough to understand.
I have found this works for me with AOI's

Create a new or edit and existing AOI
Then open the parameters list
Select the order you want them to be shown in the ladder program
Select required or not (check Box): anything you do not absolutely need, select not required
Select Visible or Not Visible
Enter Default values for all the inputs
Save and Close you AOI
Open your ladder code
Add your new AOI
Create a new tag for you AOI
Create a new tag for each of your outputs
This is what I use your tags may be different
Default Forward CC
Default Reverse CC
Default Alarm
You get the idea
After all of your unknown's are filled in with data
Right Click on the AOI Name
Open Properties
You should see a list of parameters
In the lower right hand corner is a button labeled [Save Instruction Defaults ] click it.
This saves the current values as the defaults
Close the properties
You can export the AOI for use in other programs if desired, the default values stay with the AOI.

Now add you new AOI to your ladder code (New Rung or appended to a rung)
When the new AOI is placed in the ladder just assign the AOI a new tag as you normally would
When you successfully cerate the new AOI tag you will find that all the parameters are populated with the default data, Any of the default tags that do not exist will be created if they exist they will be used in the new AOI.
You have the option to edit the AOI any point after it is created just as you would.

I don't know if that’s what you are looking for but it works for me if it helps you great if not I tried.