MicroLogix 1500, Which software?

Controls Tech

Hello everyone I have acquired a Micrologix 1500 processor and base unit,1764-24BWA. I found some older threads with pricing of the different versions of the RS Logix 500 software, but was wondering if anyone has some more up to date information on prices and what versions would you recommend for just student "tinkering" purposes, I do plan to build a miniature control system with it. Also any suggestions on where I can purchase this software.Must have a business license to purchase from my local vendors, Thanks in advance.

I think that RSLogix Micro is only for ML1000 and ML1100.
That is what is says on the RSLogix Micro download webpage.
But it does not match what it says in the selection guide.

This is a quote from a previous thread...

Geospark said:
...RSLogix Micro Starter Lite Edition is the free version, but it will only program the MicroLogix 1000 and 1100.

You would need RSLogix Micro Starter Edition (9324-RLM0100ENE) minimum which can program the MicroLogix 1000, 1100, 1200, 1400 or 1500, but it is not free.

RSLogix Micro is basically the same as RSLogix 500, except the Micro Editions are locked down to the MicroLogix controllers only. RSLogix 500 can program all the MicroLogix controllers plus the SLC controllers.

You could request a quote for this product (9324-RLM0100ENE) from your local Rockwell Automation vendor. It is relatively inexpensive as programming software goes...

...the last part being the tricky bit. I'm not sure how a single end-user would go about procuring this software if not in business, but "I'm sure" (not really sure?) there is a way?

I've only ever purchased on a professional level, so I cannot say if it is or is not possible?

Someone else might be able to answer you better on that?

Regards,
George

You would need RSLogix Micro Starter Edition (9324-RLM0100ENE) minimum which can program the MicroLogix 1000, 1100, 1200, 1400 or 1500, but it is not free.
This is correct. I was connected to a 1500 just this morning with the Micro Starter version. $141 list price.