1746sc-CTR4 anybody using?

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi List,

Just wondering if anyone has used the new 4 or 8 channel pulse input cards for the SLC-500 from Spectrum controls. Looking at the manual, it appears to have a lot of improvements over the standard HSCE card from AB. Upto 8 million counts, 4 channels, and cost less than the single channel HSCE.

thanks,

Ken

Well, bought one and just commissioned the system yesterday. Works great. I liked it so much, I ordered two more.
We have a lot of flow meters with a pulse output for flow totalization. The HSCE was the card we've used in the past, but only having a 16 bit counter was a pain.
The new card from Spectrum is more like the PLC-5 (1771-CFM) meter card. Has a MSW, and a LSW, so counts can be upto 8 million. Manual was straight forward, and I believe this card is designed for meters more than encoders, you can add K and M factors to the card setup, and there is example code for meter proofing.

Sorry if this sounds like I work for Spectrum, (I don't)but I really liked the card.

Just updating the thread in case anyone else tries one of these.
LINK to Spectrum 1746 I/O

Hi Moor,
Thanx for the link. Anyways, have you ever used SST card to communicate between AB and SIEMENS? Its fantastic you know!!
There is the a limitation for data exchange although for maximum 244 bytes receive and maximum 244 bytes transmit. But it's the limitation of the profibus (DP) network.

Ken

We've been using that Spectrum card for about 3 years now and I can only think of one time I looked at it..when I installed it! We use it to track water useage in one of our CIP systems and the setup was a piece of cake. Took the k factor off of the flow meter and off we ran.The best thing though was the instructions...Unlike AB's manuals, you don't have to have a Phd in tech writing/engineering to understand it.