I/O ControlNet setting in Fanuc R-J3i ?

wendaiyu

Hi, folks, how’s going?

On our production line, we connect Fanuc R-J3i robots to Logix5000 via ControlNet.

I checked one of robots and the configuration of DI is like:
DI [1-128], Rack 85, Slot 14.

I know rack85 means ControlNet, then I looked up the I/O ControlNet setting:

Board: 1
Motherboard: Full-slot
Operation mode: ADPTR
Param Change Mode: NET ULK
Input error state: ZERO
Scanner Err sevrty: STOP
Adapter Err sevrty: WARN

ControlNet Parameters:
MAC-ID: 14
NUT (us): 5000
SMAX: 32
UMAX: 32
Slot (us): 17
Gbpre (10us): 15
Gbstrt (10us): 11
Gbcenter (10us): 8.

Could someone tell us what they are? How they work?
What is the difference between MAC-ID and Slot (us)? Because we use slot 14 in DI configuration not 17.

Thanks a lot.

That word "Slot" refers to "Slot Time".

It's part of the low-level timing of ControlNet, like the three other Guard Band (gb___) timing parameters listed after it. It's almost never configured by the end user, but rather set up by the configuration software (usually RSNetworx).

You can read up on how the NUT, Smax, UMax, Slot Time and Guard Band work, but those timing and network addressing parameters don't have anything to do with how a robot or PLC controller manages its "racks" or "chassis" or "slots".