RS Logix 5 Help with PLC-5 Files

I am a beginner in this. I have RS Logix 5 installed version 7.10 which I am trying to view a PLC-5 6200 program. I have the files but when I try to open the .AF5 file Logix gives me an error saying it is unable to open this file. I have tried several times even putting all files in same folder etc.:confused: Any help is greatly appreciated!

As you have found, 6200 files are not readable by Logix5. Look in Tools/database for an import utility - it might be somewhere else though.

If you cannot locate an import utility perhaps one of the members here may have one.

I don't have the software on this(my) computer. ( later tonight) So hopefully someone that does will jump in.

Last edited:
I can open the files in Logix 5, but for the DB import it needs OP$. I don't remember what the other files you supplied are for.

Odd, I have tried this and it would fail to open in RS Logix.

On Another note, lets say I edit the program and need to put the new edit in the PLC, how would I go about converting back to 6200 and upload to PLC?

Do you mean download to the PLC? Why would you need 6200 to do this? It's an old DOS program and not a good one at that. I always used ICOM AI 5. Why can't you use RSLogix 5 to do what you need to do?