Elpro wireless gateway to omron cp1L

Hi everyone
I need some help connecting an elpro wireless gateway to my cp1L plc via serial comms. I'll give you a little background on my experience/abilities so you can dumb it down to an appropriate level. I'm an electrician working on process plants in WA. I tinker with this stuff of a weekend for my own enjoyment/benefit. I can do the basics (IO timers counters analog scaling) and that's about it. My next step is trying to connect a radio modem to my plc via my serial options card. I have successfully connected a HMI already but it was a pretty simple scenario because of some pretty basic instructions.
What I'm looking for is a better understanding of how this works. I can get two radios talking together and map things to the registers in the gateway, but I need to understand how to get the info out of the radio and into my plc. Can I do it all through cx programmer or do I need to use another peice of the cx one suite. How do I map the info I get to certain registers in the plc.
Please let me know if I can provide more info to help you answer.

Thanks!!