Micro820 Any_To_String

Freak

Hi - first time using the Micro820 and am getting stuck on a couple of things.
I have 3 instances in one LD that use the Any_To_String function, all are Real format inputs.
#1 - works correctly 7.984 Real = 7.984 String (Lth 4)
#2 - Divides my number, 999.0 Real = 9.99 String (Lth 4)
#3 - Multiplies my number, 0.0032 Real = 3.20 String (Lth 4)

Any suggestions, I can't upload it yet, but might be able to do later if needed.

Cheers
Peter

Hi - agree that I have added one extra to the length of the string.

All I want to do is take my real number and convert it to a string so that I can insert the appropriate designation. I then display this on the HMI.

What I don't understand is why the decimal place is moving? I am taking a Global Real and converting it to a Local String.

Any thoughts? Tags aren't used anywhere else in the program at this point.

Cheers

Capture.JPG

If I understand you just want to keep the decimal 2 places, if this is correct? I have a routine that will always place the decimal where you want it once the "Real" has been converted to "String".

This routine is done in CCW and is for the Micro800 series PLC.

I will have to upload it in the next couple of days as it is on my computer at home and I'm at work.

Ok I found the routine here at work! Here is a list of variables that I used for my application, but you could change for your needs.

Total_Barrels = Real
Barrels_Real = Real
Trun = Real
Total_Barrels_UDint = UDint
RealStr = String
DecNum = Dint
Decimal_Place = Dint
EndTotal = String (This is not show in picture it is the (Insert-Variable)

This will place the decimal anyplace you may want just by changing the "DecNum" position.

I hope this helps.

Real_To_String.jpg

Nice - thanks for that!

I am actually quite impressed with the system, first time using it after only using 500 and 5K. The Component touch screens are pretty slick too. If only it had online edits :)
Cheers