Panelview

Tom@Pton

I bought a control cabinet with an ML1200 and Panelview 300 Micro.

I cleared the PLC and downloaded the new program and figured the 300 was there so I might as well use it. I never did like them and now I remember why.

I got the new program written for it and managed to get it downloaded but got the "Panelview Offline" error. Now, I can't do anything with it. No communications via RSlinx and Linx seams to be the problem but I don't know.

Any suggestions? Communications is my worst nightmare but usually I can mull through it, but not when nothing works.

I have three of these sitting around and right now they are looking real good for my 200 yard targets

There were two models of the PanelView 300 Micro

2711-M3A18L1 used DF1 Full Duplex over RS-232
2711-M3A19L1 used DH485 over RS-232

What model number is yours ?

You could (unofficially) load either firmware into the terminal, so the sticker on the back isn't always indicative of the protocol it's using.

Can you get to the Configuration menus to see how the networking is set up ?

Since you downloaded to it you know that the usual cable for download is the classic 1761-CBL-PM02, but to connect to a MicroLogix 1200 you will need a 1761-CBL-HM02.

I used these things by the truckload with MicroLogix 1200 controllers. They're almost literally bulletproof.

There were two models of the PanelView 300 Micro

2711-M3A18L1 used DF1 Full Duplex over RS-232
2711-M3A19L1 used DH485 over RS-232

What model number is yours ? 2711-M3A18L1

You could (unofficially) load either firmware into the terminal, so the sticker on the back isn't always indicative of the protocol it's using.

Can you get to the Configuration menus to see how the networking is set up ?

Since you downloaded to it you know that the usual cable for download is the classic 1761-CBL-PM02, but to connect to a MicroLogix 1200 you will need a 1761-CBL-HM02.

I used these things by the truckload with MicroLogix 1200 controllers. They're almost literally bulletproof.

I have the right cable...PMO2 Ser C and the other came with the system.

I uploaded and saved the original program from the HMI, but I haven't been able to glean anything from useful, for me, from it.

The firmware may be part of it.

One other... I am using Windows 10. A problem?

The message I get is "Unable to verify settings due to packet timeout..."
Error [2261]unable to communicate with operator terminal, did not receive a response.

It seems to me as a cable problem.

Either its getting interference and you should try running it away from other cables, remove loops, try running it different ways or its just a bad cable.

Also, make sure the device is properly grounded.

I bricked a MicroLogix 1500 before with a PMO2 Ser C.

I could write and read to the controller with a few tries, but when I flashed the firmware it timed out and I got myself a deluxe paper weight.

Last edited:
Well under the assumption that the new HMI project was successfully uploaded using the PanelBuilder 32 software and that the settings are correct at both the PLC and the HMI the next thing to look at is the cable between the PLC and the HMI.

After that...Years ago I came across a test for the communication ports to see if the port itself is working. I do not remember what was involved but if somebody does that might be the next step

I gave up and took the project to my local Rockwell/AB rep. He watched me do my thing and caught the error of my ways immediately. Stop bit was wrong.

I thought Autoconfigure in RSLinx Classic would do just that, but apparently I was aiming South while my target was North and there are limits.:oops:

I did learn that my support package from Rockwell does not include the Legacy products such as the PV300. Naturally.

Thank you