Rosemount pressure transmitter

shkoko2000

Dear all,
I have line pressure transmitter with model no.:3051TG4A2B21KE8D4M5Q4Q8S5B4P1T1 when i connect hart communicator 375 to it for testing,we found that the hart disconnected when the hand pump injected 30 bar.what i can do in this case.
Note:URV=85 bar and LRV=0bar

Presumably HART worked at lower pressure, but then failed to operate at higher pressure?
What was the 375 error message?

Did the 4-20mA disconnect, too? Does the 4-20mA continue to operate properly at all pressures? Or did the 4-20mA stall and not go any higher than 30bar?

Or did the transmitter go dark/turn off?

Possibilities

1) HART cable fell off the terminals due to pumping the pressure pump

2) Power supply is not stiff enough. As you increased pressure, mA current increased then maxed out due insufficient voltage. 4-20mA will operate at a voltage at which HART will fail.

What can you do?
The transmitter has analog zero and span pushbutton option. Use the pushbuttons to set the range using applied pressure.

The transmitter operating pressure is approximatly 56 bar and the 4-20 ma is reached to the flow computer without any error but when i connect the hart and test the transmitter by hand pump, when i increase the pressure to approx 22 bar the hart pop up message "no device connected"

If the 4-20mA tracks and you're convinced the power supply is adequate, install a replacement AO/HART card

What exactly is the situation?

1) Have these transmitters ever worked properly, or is this a new installation commissioning problem?

2) You obviously have multiple transmitters for each flow computer. Presumably, the PT, DP, and the TT are in close proximity to the flow element, so is the wiring to the flow computer approximately the same distance/length for the PT, DP and TT, for each flow computer?

3) Are the three problem transmitters on 3 different flow meters?

4) I can not make sense of the power supply drawing. I take it that your answer that the power supply is not common means that each of these problem transmitters has a different DC power supply, correct?

5) Are the R200 objects on the power supply drawing pt2 200 ohm resistors? I/S barriers? fuses? What are the R200 objects?

6) For any given flow meter, the TT and DP transmitters are powered from the same power supply as the PT with the HART problem, correct?

7) You have tested the HART communicator on the TT and DP xmtrs and these do not have a HART problem, correct?

8) Approximately what is the wiring distance between the xmtrs and the flow computer? 10m? 100m? 1000m?

The three transmitters (pt) are having the same problem and this transmitters are working properly as the reading is 57 bar.the problem os solved by luck as i connect the hart terminals as the following:
The (+) terminal is to the (+) of the test
The (-) terminal is to the (-) of the power not to (-) of test terminal
Then the hart is operating properly but i don't understand what this connection means.

the hart communicator should be connected to the + and - terminals of the power/comm and not the test terminals... that is weird indeed. I know the 375 is polarity sensitive but the 475 is not. Also on them Hart Diagnostics will give you.voltage levels when it's talking and then check again when it's not again.