GE IFIX Old backup to 5.8 conversion.

Shiro485

Hello,
I am doing a project in which a system was designed with an older version of Ifix and the backupfiles are being moved to version 5.8 for a new version of that system.

I seem to have gotten everything over and working properly but I am having issue with sql database stuff they where using before. I have restored the sql backup file installed sql server, created an odbc driver. I have verified with mission control in ifix that it is connected to the sql database.

When launching a picture in run mode that is dependent on that database I get Compile Error: Sub or function not defined.
It highlights where it looks like it calls the components of that database, starting with the database name, which is RTP. It appears like they are not defined somehow?

I have attached a couple of screen captures, if anyone is able to point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Brian

scrap1.jpg scrap2.jpg

Maybe there was a global VB module with this function, which got lost on project conversion.

Had the same problem with another module which got lost on update from iFix 3 to 5.8. I've started the old project, exported the module as plain text, and added this as new module it to the new project.