GE Quickpanel plus Logic and View training materials?

Start with the Tutorials that get installed with Proficy ME. Then search youtube for quite a few videos, some are quite good.

As to the 'Control' it is the same as GE's PC Control so look for information on it too. The best place is in Proficy ME online help. Use the Toolchest AND Companion windows together to get familiar with all the function blocks that you have available. Then learn how to build 'User Defined Functions' to make your own custom function blocks.

Thank you Russ. Much appreciated. Pretty sure you will be able to answer my another question.
I have completed the plc programming for a fuel dispensing facility. However, the requirement is to embed manual operation in the main program. Do you suggest any way of doing that?
Can you please also give me some thoughts on industry's best practice regarding Resetting after E-stop is initiated?
Looking forward to hear from you ��

I suggest that the 'Manual' operation be done in it's own 'Block' of logic and call it only when needed while the Automatic 'Block' is NOT called. You will need to decide which 'diagnostic' blocks need to be called.

I have no idea what the best practices for E-Stop recovery would be for that industry.
Generally it is required to be both "Safe" and "Simple".

Hopefully others will have a better answer for you.

Last edited: