Fanuc TP Programs to be able to view in Notepad

Rob S.

Good Evening ,

It has been awhile since I did anything with Fanuc TP programs.
I know there is a way to view them in Notepad. What do you need to
to convert them to be able to view them in Notepad ?

Thanks so much in advance .

If they are on Ethernet then use the FTP command in the command prompt. I use a commands.txt file that has the switches I want to use when I run my batch file.

For example

commands.txt has the following in it:

anon
prompt
lcd ROBOT_BACKUP
mget *.*
quit

Then I run a batch file with this line in it:

ftp -s:commands.txt XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Replace the "X"s with the IP address of the robot.

Make sure the batch file, commands.txt and a folder called ROBOT_BACKUP are all in the same folder. Then run the batch file.

Since I am not using the "bin" switch, the LS files will show up in ASCII instead of binary. add the "bin" switch if you want a binary backup.

Any other questions just ask.

@mobsoft, thanks for that nugget. I dont remember that from class.
Does ftp need any enable for this?
Is there a doc for supported batch commands?

@OP: You should be able to backup the TP programs to a usb stick -- if supported.

Last edited:
When you select backup menu, backup TP programs, select (.LS) file format. You will have to do this individually from the all the above backup i believe