How to upload graphical data from USB drive into HMI?

jugaru

Hello Everyone,
I am designing a motion control system for a fabric folding machine. I have available with me a Delta ac servo motor, Delta DVP-EH plc and a Delta HMI.

The purpose is to design a graphical object into a software in a PC, like in AUTOCAD or any other software and saving that file on a USB drive. After that the usb drive would be plugged in to the HMI and the program or specifically the coordinates of the object to be transferred on to the fabric would be transmitted to plc. The plc, will then the drive the servo accordingly. At the same time, HMI would be showing the graphical object being drawn on the fabric in real time.

My questions are as follows:
1) What formats the drawing file needs to be in so that it can be understood by the HMI as well as the plc?
2) How to configure the file saved on the USB disk in Delta DOP Soft(HMI software) as well as Delta WPLsoft (plc software)? Or simply how can I make use of the data file into my programs of both HMI and PLC?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jugaru

It really sounds like you need to output your file in G-Code, and have a G-Code interpreter to drive your process.

Stick with something standard, and G-Code is absolutely standard when designing machinery/motion profiles.