Reverse Rotation on 120VAC Motor

If the motor has a starting capacitor on it, there should be some leads marked T5 and T8. Swap these two wires. If they are not numbered,they may be color coded. There could (should) be a legend plate on the motor to identify which two leads to change. Look inside the wiring junction box also for information. If it doesn't have a starting capacitor, you may need to take it to a motor rewind shop to get it changed. In some instances, you can change ends of one of the windings internally to do this.

Basically I need this motor to be able to run forward and reverse all the time. So if the motor does have a starting capacitor am I able to wire a motor starter relay for forward and reverse.

Yes, if it has a starting capacitor you can wire forward and reverse relays. The capacitor is switched out of the circuit once the motor is started.

If the motor uses a shaded pole instead of a capacitor then you are probably out of luck, you will need to replace the motor with a reversible one.

I know that some motors have a centrifugal switch that disconnects the start capacitor once it rotates past a certain speed. While it may be possible to wire the start capacitor for forward and reverse, I'm thinking that you may have to go to a stop before reversing directions.

I'm thinking that you may have to go to a stop before reversing directions.
U r right the motor has 2 at lease slow down until the governor kicks back in then it will reverse. This puts the start winding back into the circuit.

On any across line motor I would let it come to complete stop before reversing. The other thing to consider is heating and possible burnout of the motor as a result of frequent starting and stopping. If you are reversing every 10 second I doubt that motor will last long. If every 5 minutes it should be no problem.

Dan Bentler