SLC5/04 half duplex to Citect V7.40

duckman

Hi, carrying on from my SLC5/04ML1000 half duplex dilemma thread
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=120254
were l show how l have configured my 5/04 to talk to RSlinx via half duplex, l can't get Citect to talk via their latest drivers ABRSLINX_1.02.18 or ABDF1D_1.02.04 to my 5/04, whether direct or via RSlinx.
PC spec's.
Windows 8.1 pro
Rslogix500 V10
Rslinx V3.74 Gateway.
Citect V7.40, supposedly Win 8.1 supported.

I'm no guru on communication and Citect, hence why l would like to get it running so l can gain more knowledge.
So l can upload/download/Run a basic program on the 5/04 via Rslinx on half duplex, so l imagine that should be running correctly and when talking to Citect will be able to change a switch on/off.
I have used the computer setup wizard, and the PC is a Server and Control Client, Stand Alone.
My basic Citect program is just that, 2 buttons graphically doing sw0 =0, sw0=1.
Citect compiles and RUN's, but it goes into hardware alarm.
When l use the kernel, re drivers, it says non are configured, hardware alarm is, NO I/O Server could be found.

Because l'm in half duplex, l imagine l can have Rslinx and Rslogix's running and l should be able to talk to both without losing control over both, correct?

I have tried OPC, l can see 5/04 inputs/outputs changing on the AB OPC Test Client, but again when l try Citect in OPC driver mode, it can't see my PLC and l get the same errors.
Citect Config Screen shots below.
Thanks for any assistance .
regards Kevin

This is for the PLC side:

To configure the SLC 5/03 PLC connected to the DF1 port (direct RS232):

Set the SLC 5/03 as Node 1.

Set Channel 0 (the DF 1 port) to:

DF1 Half DuplexSlave

Write ProtectDisabled

Owner Timeout10 (seconds)

Configure 'CH0 Sys'

Baud Rate 9600

Duplicate DetectEnabled

Poll Timeout50

Control LineNo Handshaking

ParityNone

Station Address1 (Same as the Processor Address. See above)

Error DetectBCC

RTS Off Delay0

RTF On Delay0

Message Retries3

EOT SuppressionYES

Do l need to alter my 5/04 stuff, as l have half duplex working correctly?
Currently baud 19200, everything else is default including CRC checking
Its the Citect that is not finding a server to start with, or am l heading down the wrong path?
I have read all the Doc's l can (maybe not understand them but have read them), l have been pulling what hair l have left out, over the last 5 days l have been playing with this. Hence in that time l have tried all the scenarios l can, but of course l haven't tried the correct way yet, ha

Last edited:
Thanks for trying to help, but as l said l have spent days trying all those scenarios, as well all the poorly exampled knowledge base on =S= site.
What l really need is a working config example.
Regards Kevin

I would suggest going to 5/05 cpu migrate application and config citect with the ethernet driver.
I have done this about 4 times from 5/04 cpu's due to unspported DH+ drivers some time back (win xp service ).

Sigmadelta, yes that's what l thought. When l tried to add (PORT6 in my case) on PORT config "Port Name", PORT6_BOARD1 in wasn't there in drop down and didn't like it when l wrote it in there.
EICS, are you meaning having to upgrade from 5/04 to 5/05's CPU's and use Ethernet?

Sigmadelta, it's not starting the IOserver when in run time, says "No responce" in the end. Also now cant open port 6.
Ah the joy of comm's