1769-Ascii Module Help-Pinout??

Scottryan03

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some help on this dreaded 1769-Ascii module. I have been doing a lot of digging on this module in the forum and on Rockwell's website.

I am trying to receive an ascii string from a scale. I was able to bench test this on an older obsolete compactlogix using the processors' serial port with perfect results.
Now with the L24er-QB1B I am having issues with the 1769-Ascii module. I am not receiving any data from my scale. I have my logic setup exactly like the examples in the manual. Digging into the pinout. It looks to be a null modem rs232, but with pin 7&8 jumpered at the 1769-ascii module. My thought is to buy a breakout board and connecting it to the module and connecting it per the manual pic attached. Would you agree?
Any pointers would be great. Really struggling with this one. I'm very curious why the module is so different from the processors' serial port.

Thanks,
Scott

Pinout.PNG