Logix 5000 Database Import and Export

Tim Ganz

I know how to do a database import and expoert in Rs Logix 5 and RS Logix 500 just to get the comments but I am trying to figure out how to do it in RS Logix 5000 Version 15.02.00

When I go to my program that has rung and instruction comments and go to tools I have the import and export button. If I choose export then I get to select where to save them and there is a dropdown for tags and a seperate one for logic comments.On the tags dropdown I select none and on the comments dropdown I select all then save.

When I go to import this to my program that needs comments I again have dropdowns for tags and logic comments but different options. On the logic comments dropdown I select "Import New Comments & Preserve Existing Comments.

But I am not sure what to choose on the tags. The options are

"Create New Tags and Overwrite Existing Tags"
"Create New Tags and Preserve Existing Tags"
"Skip New tags and Overwrite Existing Tags"

Which should I use? Should any work since the CSV file I exported I selected none on the tags?

Please Help. This is my very first time doing this.

Thanks to you.

not sure if you're doing what you want

when you export from there, you're exporting the rung of logic. Is this what you want to do or just export the tags? either way, if you're trying to import new tags, you should chose "Create New Tags and Preserve Existing Tags".

I don't want login and I don't want tags. I only want rung and Instruction comments.

Just like in RS Logix 5 and 500 Import / Export Database.

I have a working program with working logic and Working Tags it just needs the comments to help understand it.

You're going to use "Skip New tags and Overwrite Existing Tags" to update the tag descriptions. Try it on a backup copy of the program.

Then only include the rung comments in the CSV file that you want to import. No need to include the tag information then.