AutomaxV3 AB Remote I/O Scanner

bbear

I am working with a Reliance Automax V3 System that uses AB Remote I/O Scanner in the Reliance Rack that connects to AB SLC Digital input and output cards. The system is operating and has been for about 10 years. I am wanting to add another input(there is unused inputs on a Input card) and use it in the Automax ladder logic. I am uncertain on how to do this but from reading the manual I believe I can go to the Variable Configurator in the Remote Rack and select the Group and bit that is unassigned, assigned it a variable name and use it in the ladder logic. The Automax V3 does not seem to use addresses in the ladder logic but variable names that are assigned in the Variable Configurator. I am asking if there is anyone on this site that is familiar with this System. I read the post from this site often and you all are a great help on devices I use but I have not read much about Reliance Automax on here.