Change Counter Acc in Code RsLogix

BigJohnT

Can you change the value of a counter Acc in code with RsLogix on a 1500 micro?

I have some sequence logic that uses a counter to control the sequence. In some cases I need to back up the counter.

Thanks
John

Last edited:
BigJohnT said:
Can you change the value of a counter Acc in code with RsLogix on a 1500 micro?

I have some sequence logic that uses a counter to control the sequence. In some cases I need to back up the counter.

Thanks
John

yes, a move instruction will work. MOV n7:0 c5:0.acc

Also SUB, ADD, DIV, or MUL.

BigJohnT said:
Thanks, I did not even think about the math instructions (slapping forhead)

John

I belive the CPU will fault if the counter/timer accumulator gets a negative number in it though. Some range checking would not be a bad idea.

jstolaruk said:
I belive the CPU will fault if the counter/timer accumulator gets a negative number in it though. Some range checking would not be a bad idea.

That's for sure something like -32647 to 32648 or some number like that will fault the cpu.

THanks
John

The PLC will fault on negative numbers for timers. However counters do just fine with negative numbers in the PRE and ACC.