Communication Between Plc5/30 And Pcmk Card In Dos6.22 Platform And Latest Laptop

amu_bgr

Pl Tell Me Some Body , How I Will Communcate With My Plc5/30 Processor.

I Have 6200 Software Series
I Have Latest Compaq Nx5000 Notebook Pc
I Have Pcmk/a Card And Dos6.22 Software
I Have Cardware 5.0 Software But Socket Service Not Supporting To My Pv

Mickey said:
Why not just use the serial port? Don't mess with the PCMK card

1785-L30B doesn't have a serial port, (2) DH+/(1) Remote I/O only.

Edit: this statement is wrong, there is a 25 pin serial port. My apologies.

Last edited:
According to this manual it does: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1785-um012_-en-p.pdf

l30.jpg

Last edited:
The classics did not have a 5/30, this is an enhanced model. Classic were 10, 12, 15 and 25. That link shows it as an enhanced.

Last edited:
amu_bgr said:
Pl Tell Me Some Body , How I Will Communcate With My Plc5/30 Processor.

I Have 6200 Software Series
I Have Latest Compaq Nx5000 Notebook Pc
I Have Pcmk/a Card And Dos6.22 Software
I Have Cardware 5.0 Software But Socket Service Not Supporting To My Pv
Phew, DOS on a brandnew PC ! Does that mean you have DOS running on the PC, not just a DOS window or command prompt window ?

I remember that it was sometimes impossible to get Cardware up and running. Rockwell provided a much simpler card enabler that only works with the PCMK card, PCMKINIT.COM.

These are my notes from back then:
Config.sys:
Device=c:\dos\himem.sys
Device=c:\dos\emm386.exe noems x=ce00-ceff
REM the cards memory area must be excluded

Autoexec.bat:
C:\abic\bin\pcmkinit.com m=ce00-ceff i=5,10 s
REM Allen Bradleys PCMK enabler.

6200:
Under online confgr select “1784-PCMK DH+” with PCMK address “CF”.

As an alternative to running 6200 under DOS, you should be able to run it under WinNT, 2000 or XP and then use RSLinx to connect.
You can get RSLinx Lite by downloading the free RSLogix500 package for the 10-point Micrologix.
Be warned that using 6200 in combination with RSLinx under WinNT+ is very slow.

A much better alternative is to find an old laptop that nobody uses, and run it with DOS.

Amu_bgr.

You posted a new thread where you ask for bootleg software. Please dont do that.

I'll be nice and tell you that the PCMKINIT.COM enabler for the PCMK card under DOS is free. Interchange is not free.

I do not know if you can get 6200 to work on a new PC. The simplest is to find an old laptop that nobody uses anyway and then run 6200 under DOS or Win 3.1.

PM:
as suggested by you i have tried with pcminit.com driver but it is saying that socket service need to load before loading pcmkinint.com.
any way i have got cardware version 7.0 which is supporting both card and socket service to my pc.also the pcmkdiagnosis when i run it is passing evrything.The three tone sound also working.I have choosed the resource d200-d3ff and assigned the d000 for pcmk adressing.when i attempt to open who active menu it is giving error "UNKOWN ERROR SETTING UP COMMUNICATION".
PL SUGGEST ME WHAT TO DO
That you get the sound when you insert the card is good.
You should "exclude" the memory in config.sys as I wrote in my 1st post. Have you done that ?

I think that I remember that you have to specify the memory area with an offset. If the card uses memory from CE00 then in 6200 you have to specify "CF", I dont know why.
As you are using memory from D200, you should try with "D3" in 6200.

Another PM:
I have tried all possible resources. i have used the starting pcmk adress as the tabled shown in manual. i think i am correctly choosing the starting adress.
as per your second suggestion i have downloaded the rslinx lite version 1.7 and configured the card from configuerd driver menu.also runned the rslinx.but all my trails fails. i am not able to communicate in dh+. error message showing "EERROR ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE COMMUNICATION STATE".Please note that now i am opening the who active menu from xp.I have also uninstalled the pcmk driver and trailed but the rejult is unchanged.

please guide me step by step. Again pl note that i am using 6200 software series.I dont know wheather rslinx lite is supporting this version or not.As per the help file it is supporting the PLC5 AI. What is that AI i dont know
I am not sure that RSLinx v1.7 works with Win 2000 or Win XP.
It should work with Win 95/98 though.
1st you should get so far that Windows can "see" the PCMK card.
If you can see the PCMK card in the system tray then it is OK. If not you may have to download the PCMK plug-and-play driver for Win95/98.

In RSLinx, you should goto "configure drivers" and then select "add driver". Pick the one called "1784-KT/KTX(D)/PKTX(D)/PCMK". Be sure to set the device type to "PCMK".
If the driver is reported as "RUNNING", then you should be able to connect the DH+ cable to the PLC and select the "RSWho" function. You should be able to "see" at least the PC node and maybe also the attached PLC node.

If you get this far open the 6200 software and select the "RSLinx" driver.
When you activate the "go online" button, 6200 switche to RSLinx. In RSLinx you doubleclick on the PLC that you can see with RSWho. RSLinx then swithes back to 6200. You should then be online.

All of the above is from memory.