Ethernet communication between CJ2M and Lenze SMV Drive

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,
I am having issues communicating between an Omron CJ2M PLC and a Lenze SMV Drive (with Ethernet Module).
I have set up Network Configurator with 2 tags (D350 and D450) of 8 bytes in length, and selected Input Assembly 106, Input custom.
All I am trying to do is view 4 pieces of information from the drive, Amps, kW, kWH and Frequency.
I have set parameters P450 to P453 to display the above.
The red MS light on the CPU flashes and when I check, under network configurator, to monitor the CPU I have a 01:0315 error.
I found a PDF which stated 01:0315 is an Invalid segment in the connection path. o_O
Any assistance is appreciated, this is a one off, where the customer requested these drives.

Network Configurator.PNG Network Configurator_A.PNG Network Configurator_B.PNG

Finally got this figured out and will post in case someone else wishes to do it.
The Lenze SMV inverters i'm using only have 3 programmable digital inputs. I needed a forward input, reverse input and a jog input. Then be able to retrieve data from the Inverter into the PLC. Well come to find out, to set up the Ethernet communications you have to have a dedicated input connected to the common and programmed for Network. So one of P121, P122 and P123 needs to be connected to #4 (common) and programmed to 9.
So the network is working but my controls (forward, reverse and jog) are also controlled over the Ethernet. I am not happy with Ethernet control and the only reason I am doing so is
1) The customer requested these drives
2) I can physically stop the drive by breaking a connection from common to terminal 1 (stop).

Hope this helps someone else in the future.