converting from .med to .apa

An APA file is a backup or archive of the MED file and sub-folders for the application. To create an APA file, you use the "Application Manager" to "backup application". The Application Manager is a separate software to View Studio. You can open it through the "Start" menu in Windows:

Start>All Programs>Rockwell Software>FactoryTalk View>Tools>Application Manager

Or...

From within View Studio:

Tools>Application Manager...

Regards,
George

Geospark said:
An APA file is a backup or archive of the MED file and sub-folders for the application. To create an APA file, you use the "Application Manager" to "backup application". The Application Manager is a separate software to View Studio. You can open it through the "Start" menu in Windows:

Start>All Programs>Rockwell Software>FactoryTalk View>Tools>Application Manager

Or...

From within View Studio:

Tools>Application Manager...

shkoko2000 said:
i have med file and sub follders i don't know how to create apa

I have explained how to create an APA...I cannot make it much clearer than this...

Open "Application Manager" and select "Backup application". Then "Select the application to backup." and press "Next". Enter a name and path to save it to, or use the application's name that is displayed and path to the default "Archives" folder.

If you still do not understand something, then please say exactly what it is you do not understand. Do not say "i don't know how to create apa".

Regards,
George

MED_to_APA.jpg

I know this is an old thread but just in case anyone stumbles on it in a search like I did I would like to add a comment about it.

If the original poster received an HMI Project folder containing the .med file from another party and it wasn't already in their directory you need to copy the folder to - Users>Public Documents>RSView Enterprise>ME>HMI Projects. Then you can use Application Manager to create an .apa file.