ET200sp -> Fanuc R30ib/r2000ib communication

adrianedelen

I have an et200SP with the 1512SP F-1 cpu that we need to talk to a Fanuc robot.

The bot has a R30ib controller and also has the Ethernet IP Adapter package.

getting the profinet package for the bot is not really an option, and using an AB plc is also not an option.

Is there any way to communicate IO between the robot and plc directly?

We have a Prosoft EIP-PND gateway, which so far I have gotten to work with TIA but cannot get to communicate with the robot.

thanks.

I have an et200SP with the 1512SP F-1 cpu that we need to talk to a Fanuc robot.

getting the profinet package for the bot is not really an option, and using an AB plc is also not an option.

We have a Prosoft EIP-PND gateway, which so far I have gotten to work with TIA but cannot get to communicate with the robot.

thanks.

Is the gateway an EIP scanner or adapter? I assume adapter to adapter communication isn't possible.

Siemens has some EIP blocks you can use. See this example for the EIP Scanner. As a warning, it only supports unicast messaging. Multicast must be able to be disabled on the robot side.

thanks.

IIRC, can't the robot's EIP package be set as either adapter or scanner? With that Prosoft gateway, you'll want to make/try the robot the scanner.

Last edited: