Unidrive SP

James Ross

Hi
We intend to replace our LENZE EVS9326 EP with a Control Technique Unidrive SP. The machine is a simple one; PLC send ABZ pulses to the drive in position control mode to run a Lenze motor with a Stegmann Hiperface encoder. I think we need some extra SM module On Unidrive, I don't know which.
We already have SM Universal encoder plus, an Unidrive SP 1406, as same as same capacity as our Lenze Drive.
Maybe we need other modules.
Anyone with some experience like this.
Best Regards.
James

Normally in my job, PLC receives ABZ pulses from the encoder throught a counter card or similar, and the VFD receives the signal from analog input or network data with ethernet or another network (devicenet, controlnet etc). For Unidrive SP exist several additional modules, positioning card (SM applications) is a possibility to make that you want for sure with APC. But perhaps, pointing the input from a encoder module to a reference in parameters you can slave the control but position mode is complicated without the APC i think.

Do you realize the Unidrive SP has been out of production for a few years? The Unidrive M700 is the current version.

If you can find an SM-EZmotion module, a pulse follower is easy with the Power Tools Pro Software.

We are on replacing our Unidrive Sp's 4XXX, 6XXX and 9XXX with Nidec's M702.
Unidrive SP is already obsolete and control techniques has been sold by Emerson to Nidec.