Help on ACS880 Braking Option

aar_shr

I need help on ACS 880 which I am controlling through Ethernet using ODVA AC/DC profile (Instance 121/171) . I am able to start stop the motor through Ethernet and give speed setpoint to the Drive also but when I try to decel in around 5 sec , it takes around 15 to 20 sec to stop the motor .

I have kept the stop mode to Ramp and I have also installed my brake resistor and connected to R+ and R- . When I give stop command I can see my start command go and setpoint also become zero but motor takes long time to stop. If I make decel time very low motor does not stop at all but it keeps on rotating at a very low frequency and only option is remove incoming power .

All motor parameters are properly set and ID run also done. In group 44 of parameter I have entered correctly the resistor setting but I am not sure whether to enable parameters in group 45 and what settings need to be done for it . Also which Stop shall I consider for stopping for ODVA profile since I am not giving any stop command but just removing the run forward command ..
Please help ???

Maybe it's the mechanical inertia of the moved load that makes the braking last longer. ?

Last edited: