Factory Talk Activation

Tweeker

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am installing RSLogix 500 software. The Factory Talk Activation manager wants a "Product Key". What is this? I have a serial number but cannot find anything labeled Produce Key. Does that mean part number?

Thanks.

Your software should have come with an activation certificate that has all this information (look for a red envelope). The serial number, product key, and part number are all different.

The product key is on the Activation Certificate that Rockwell sends when you purchase the activation. If you don't have this certificate, I suggest calling Rockwell support. If you have the serial number, they should be able to look up the product key for you.

This licence was transfered to me. It previously belonged to someone else. I do not have the product key, just the serial number. Guess I will need to contact Rockwell.

Rockwell tech support can email this to you in the form of a pdf document.

This is something you may want to put on your network drive or other storage medium for quick access. This is something you will want to keep up with.

Just a FYI and small Caveat.

In the past many bundled products shared a product key so it may be attached to other software if you had the paper certificate with the software.

Rockwell now breaks out a seperate product key for each product in the bundle now and have begun to go back and do this to licenses that were sold previously to this policy. If you get it from tech support it will be for a single product and will not indicate that it was a bundle at it's original purchase.

I like this better as it is far easier to manage when you have several hundred licesnses for various products like I do.