Control logix and AMCI resolver card..

darrenj

Anyone used one of these before? i have one and i cannot get it to communicate at less than 1ms..I keep getting module comminication time outs..

Just wondering if anyone has any more luck with faster comms?

Does the error occur during power up?

I have used the AMCI resover card but control logix only gave me the option to set it up between 2.0 ms 750.0 ms. I had it set for 20.0 ms and it worked very well. But I was using it for a very slow position control.

Are you using this in a hi-speed application?

Is it on the motor or the output of the gearbox?

its on the end of the gear box..I would say its medium speed..Will try and work out the rpm today..I get the error at add times..i get the option to set from .2ms to 750..but anything below 1 and it faults..i clear and its good for a while then faults again..

at 1ms i seem to be catching everything thats going on but would like a little extra margin..

D

This is driving me nuts!!!!!

my math is WAY rusty...

Scan time is 640 Micro seonds
Resolver is spinning at 50 RPM
50 RPM=0.84 Revs per second..

Resolver is set for 720Degrees...
So the resolver is turning once ever 800milli seconds (?? heres where i am getting confused) SO 1 degree on the resolver happens every 900 micro second's..(am i geting this right so far?) so it IS possible that i am missing a degree angle in a scan.. :(..So i cant use EQU intsruction's..i will have to LMT and set a few degrees above what i want??..This dosnt make sence becouse the controller that ran this machine before was a PIC409..While advanced at the time they are a boat anchor for this day and age..shouldn't the CLX be able to scan faster that the old one??

BTW i tried playing with the time slice but it will only go to 10% nothing lower...

will post a pic tommorow of the old unit..here and in the "Old PLC" thread..