Programming memory sequence

CarlVW

Hello,

i have a machine with 3 axis that can run simultaneously controlled by other software but sometimes this goes wrong due operator fault.
So now i want to program a memory function in the plc that knows in what order the axis have been activated and then move these axis 1 by 1, only 1 axis is moving at a time.
They can be activated in different order or only 2 or 1.

So i have these bool variables:
3 x execute from software
3 x busy from axis
3 x done from axis

What is the best way to go ahead with this??

Thanks

I would say to use an asynchronous word shift instruction of three registers. Each time you get an execute axis command you place a value in a register. The asynchronous shift will shift if the next register is 0000 down to the end of the shift instruction.
The value in the last register will then activate the axis. Once the axis is complete, a 0000 is placed in the last register. This will allow the next register to move into the last register, etc.

What PLC are you planning on using? This will determine exactly how to do the logic.

Regards,

i have tried it with a 3 set/reset functionblocks to memories the activated axis but when for example you activate the 3 axis 1 by 1 ( the first axis is still moving when axis 2 and 3 is activated). when axis 1 is done i the next activated axis should move and when that is done the last. But the order of activated axis is not always the same
or only 2 axis or 1
that is what i'm struggling with, i my case it are axis but it could be also be the same if you use timers and lights for example.
What kind of plc is less relevant, its more how to program it.

I would second Garry's suggestion,

You axis execute routine - should take the order of execution from the word data which dictates the order of run.

Regards

"but when for example you activate the 3 axis 1 by 1 ( the first axis is still moving when axis 2 and 3 is activated)"

If the axis is still moving when you trigger the next one, it tells me you are not waiting for the done bit.

"but when for example you activate the 3 axis 1 by 1 ( the first axis is still moving when axis 2 and 3 is activated)"

If the axis is still moving when you trigger the next one, it tells me you are not waiting for the done bit.

Only 1 axis is supposed to be moving at a time. the issue i have when the first axis is done the other 2 where activated when 1 is moving. They wait until 1 is done but now they are blocking each other because who goes first?

Hello,
So i have these bool variables:
3 x execute from software
3 x busy from axis
3 x done from axis

What is the best way to go ahead with this??

Thanks

If the Execute Boolean variables come on in the order of execution then start a timer when each one becomes true. Then compare who has been on the longest. Once an axis is done then reset that axis's execution timer.

If 1>2 and 1>3 then 1
If 2>1 and 2>3 then 2
If 3>1 and 3>2 then 3

This would take care of all combinations.

If the Execute Boolean variables come on in the order of execution then start a timer when each one becomes true. Then compare who has been on the longest. Once an axis is done then reset that axis's execution timer.

If 1>2 and 1>3 then 1
If 2>1 and 2>3 then 2
If 3>1 and 3>2 then 3

this works, THANKS (y)

If 1>2 and 1>3 then 1
If 2>1 and 2>3 then 2
If 3>1 and 3>2 then 3

Nice approach!