Where in the world is Fanuc EDS files?

peelseeds

I need to find fanucs robot CIP-Safety slave EDS file.
tech support tells me to pound sand.... I'm just trying to do my job. does anyone know where I can find fanuc eds files?

Would be greatly appreciated.

Whose technical support were you asking, RA or Fanuc ?

EDS files are always the responsibility of the device vendor.

RA Tech Support and Commercial Engineering sometimes have EDS files for partner companies (like Prosoft), and the ODVA sometimes has EDS files from member companies (though my cursory check this afternoon didn't find their EDS library).

yes I've tried both. odva is not user friendly at all. I have no idea if I searched correctly. but fanuc doesn't offer. Fanuc tech support said after they discovered I personally didnt buy the robot "np we'll send you the eds via e-mail right away" I never got that e-mail.

Any luck? I'm going through the same process right now. I can't seem to get the CIP-Safety IO and the normal robot IO to work through the same node address. RS Networx just recognizes it as a safety device and won't allow me to add it to my scan list.