Prevent renaming of In-sight files to avoid Native mode command issues

Nortech

Hi All,

I am using a Micrologix 1100 to load various Jobs on a cognex camera.

The way it works is that I send a command to load the file and I include the EXACT name of the vision file (e.g LFExample.job).

This works great but I am afraid that someone will rename a vision file in the camera some day and I will no longer be able to load that file as that file name will no longer exist.

I know I could just password protect Insight but I want technicians to be able to make adjustments, just not rename the file.

Anyone know of a way to failsafe this?

Thanks

1 - Training with explanation of caveats

2 - IT policies on the PC with InSight that only certain users can create new files in \\your_save_directory

3 - Ask Cognex if the "save as" function can be removed

3b - If they say no, edit the registry yourself to remove the save as feature

4 - to quote a previous team leader at my last company "find out who's doing it and sack them"