I can find plc in RSlinx lite but when I open Logix RSWho there is nothing there

BrockSamson

I can find plc in RSlinx lite but when I open Logix RSWho there is nothing there.
The driver I added in RSlinx doesnt even show up in Logix RSWho.

Trying to connect via ethernet using ethernet/ip Driver. I can see everything in RSlinx no problem but when I try to connect in Logix with RSWho nothing comes up.

This is a new computer with a new install of the software if that helps.

I can find plc in RSlinx lite but when I open Logix RSWho there is nothing there.
The driver I added in RSlinx doesnt even show up in Logix RSWho.

Trying to connect via ethernet using ethernet/ip Driver. I can see everything in RSlinx no problem but when I try to connect in Logix with RSWho nothing comes up.

This is a new computer with a new install of the software if that helps.

not that I have a clue about this, but what happens if you remove the device from RSWho in RSLinx, and then refresh or let autobrowse find it again?

Also, is it possible the RSWho window in RSLinx has Autobrowse checked, but the RSWho in Logix does not? Although I would assume that RSWho in Logix runs at least a manual Refresh when it is opened?

Last edited:
Autobrowse is running in both. I have removed and restarted everything and still works the same.

In logix who active it shows the "linx ethernet gateway" driver that pops up when starting the program but thats it. No drivers that i create in RSlinx

Well, something doesn't add up. RSWho is RSLinx' default view so what exactly do you mean by "I can find plc in RSLinx"?

RSWho screen "remembers" past connection in Ethernet/IP driver and all the devices added in Ethernet Device driver even if the devices are no longer there. A couple of screenshots would help us understand your situation better.

Sorry if it is confusing, my mistake.

I can find the devices fine in rslinx and RSWho. But when I try to find them in Who Active in RSlogix nothing shows up.

The driver from linx actually shows up for a brief second when i first open rslogix and open who active. But then it just disapears from the list before I can even click on anything.

Sounds like the Linx DLL file isn't registering correctly with Windows. I am going to assume Windows 7 here......If you are using Windows 10 I would encourage an update to a newer version of RSLinx. It is a free download.

Go to Start ==> Programs ==> Accessories ==> Command Prompt

In the Command Prompt window type the following for 32-bit Windows:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLinx\linxcomm.dll"

or

In the Command Prompt window type the following for 64-bit Windows:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLinx\linxcomm.dll"

Press Enter after this. Close that window, and then I would restart the PC.

OG

I don't believe Windows 10 support was added to RSLinx until version 3.90. That's not to say it wouldn't work, but I know I had a lot of weird issues getting old versions to work properly.

I think your versions of Logix are probably going to work, but seeing as how Linx is a free upgrade, I would look at getting that up to date. Version 2.43 was released in 2011 so things have changed a little since then.

I guess I should have asked, did this work before and then suddenly stop working? Or, has it never worked on this computer?

OG

Have you tried leaving RS Linx open, then opening your plc program? I've had a weird scenario where I exited RS Linx, and then I could not view any connections in RS Who. But when I left RS-Linx window open, then went to my program, I was able to see the connection.