Notepad in RS View SE

kurt.brinker

Is there something i can use in RS View SE that will function like a notepad? Basically everyone just got their rs view client license and they like to browse and monitor the plant from home. They requested a notepad/scratchpad style function so they can leave notes if they decide to change something at 2am. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks

I saw this new thing on the market called email :)

Another way to do it is use the RSVIEW SE VBA. You could call up a simple screen in VBA and then save their comments to an Access Database
All you need is a text field and a save button.
You could even just append any comments to a "Comment.Txt" file.

i'm thinking the comment.txt on the desktop will be the easiest way.
i'll keep it on the server and put a shortcut on the desktop so they no matter what pc they log onto, they are editing the same document.